The Tactical Buyer compiles requests from various departments for approved material requisitions, prepares purchase orders, keeps track of purchases and supplies, and responds to enquiries about orders. He/She ensures that the purchases arrived as scheduled and conform to specifications.
- Ask price quotations to vendors & communicate them to purchasing requestors
- Creates PO’s based on Purchasing requisitions
- Communicate with all departments on status of PO’s
- Follows up confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
- Communication of orders to vendors
- Respond to supplier inquiries about clarifying orders, changes in requests, delivery requirements and cancellations
- Contact suppliers to ensure they are meeting delivery schedules and minimize the risk of missed deliveries.
- Resolve problems with suppliers to speed up deliveries and to minimize the risk of supply shortages.
- Review requisition orders to ensure accuracy and correct line item specifications.
- Solve invoice issues in SAP (missed quantities, price differences,..)
- Ensure audit compliance and order accuracy.