As an SAP-PP & MES Consultant you are responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the SAP-PP module within our organization. Next to SAP-PP, you will play a key role in the roll out of MES capabilities over the group. This MES roll-out, will first focus in a first wave on OEE, later on shopfloor automation and quality. Designing the integration between SAP and MES is part of the scope.
You will work closely with several business stakeholders to gather requirements and you will configure the SAP/MES system to meet those needs. Collaboration with other IT colleagues and specific 3rd party integrators are part of the job.
The most important key responsibilities include:
- Gather business requirements and analyze business processes to determine the best way to configure the SAP/MES system to meet those needs.
- Configure the SAP _P module / MES system to support business processes such as order production preparation, production execution, production evaluation, integration with MES.
- Create and maintain documentation such as functional specifications, test plans, and training material.
- Conduct testing to ensure that the system is functioning as expected and resolve and document issues that arise.
- Provide training and support to end-users to ensure that they can effectively use the SAP & MES system.
- Collaborate with other SAP consultants to integrate the PP module with other SAP modules such as FICO, IM, SD ….
- Stay up-to-date with the latest SAP technologies and trends and make recommendations for system improvements.