The Robotics R&D Electronics engineer is responsible for the research and development of the electronic components and full robotic shuttles. This includes conceptualization, design, engineering and testing of new prototype components and full systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You review the current automated warehouse solutions based on performance, downtime, technical specifications, …
- You discuss with colleagues (R&D, Service, Testing, …) about improvement points of the stow Robotics products.
- You take the lead on R&D activities concerning electronic components and the full electronic product.
- You develop a PoC and plan a timeline with the needed deadlines.
- You perform (follow up of) PCB designs and electronic assemblies.
- You design towards EMC compliancy.
- You are responsible for component selection and calculation.
- You interface with mechanical & controls specialists to design a complete, mechatronic, solution.
- You make full production files (BOM’s, drawings, datasheets).
- You discuss test specifications and set-up with the Test & Validation team.
- You are responsible for (follow up of) testing and troubleshooting of product prototypes.
- You review prototype testing reports and adapt the PoC accordingly.
- You work together with the production engineer concerning assembly training for the blue collars.
- You keep up to date with new market trends in your field.