The Robotics R&D Controls engineer is responsible for the research and development of the controls components and full robotic shuttles. This includes conceptualization, design, engineering and testing of new prototype components and full systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You review the current automated warehouse solutions based on performance, downtime, technical specifications, …
- You discuss with colleagues (R&D, Service, Testing, …) about improvement points of the stow Robotics products.
- You take the lead on R&D activities concerning controls components and the full functioning product.
- You develop a PoC and plan a timeline with the needed deadlines.
- You develop schematic design of robotic shuttles in Eplan.
- You are responsible for the selection and nomination of controls components (sensors, drives, HMI, …).
- You are responsible for component selection and calculation.
- You interface with mechanical & electronics specialists to design a complete, mechatronic, solution.
- You make full production files (BOM’s, (harness) schematics, datasheets).
- Manage design states and revisions in the PDM package.
- You discuss test specifications and set-up with the Test & Validation team.
- You are responsible for (follow up of) testing and troubleshooting of product prototypes.
- You review prototype testing reports and adapt the PoC accordingly.
- You work together with the production engineer concerning assembly training for the blue collars.
- You keep up to date with new market trends in your field.