As a R&D Mechatronics Engineer, you are responsible for the optimization of existing products as well as the development of new standard product groups. Your tasks exist of:
- Responsible for designing new products and the optimization of existing products.
- Follow up a number of R&D projects in a very structured way, from brainstorming until handing them over to the product implementation department.
- Make a detailed planning and carefully document all ongoing R&D projects. You follow up on the different R&D steps and continuously monitor whether costs, timing and investments are still in line with the initially defined objectives.
- Check all designs against the current European and/or international guidelines and against all company and divisional agreements.
- Are in close consultation with the project engineering department. Here, existing products are questioned and continuously checked against the needs of the market.
- Coordinate the creation of prototypes and align the planning with the test engineer.
- Align with the IT engineer for the adjustment or development of new software applications.
- Keep yourself continuously up-to-date on the new trends within the logistics world.
- Together with your colleagues, you set up innovation programs. For this, you work together with the logistics consultants. In this way, solutions are invented for new future logistic challenges.