The Robotics R&D Mechanical engineer is responsible for the research and development of the mechanical components and full robotic shuttles. This includes conceptualization, design, engineering and testing of new prototype components and full systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You review the current automated warehouse solutions based on performance, downtime, technical specifications, …
- You discuss with colleagues (R&D, Service, Testing, …) about improvement points of the stow Robotics products.
- You take the lead on R&D activities concerning mechanical components and the full mechanical product.
- You develop a PoC and plan a timeline with the needed deadlines.
- You perform mechanical design of robotic shuttles (Inventor).
- You are responsible for component selection and calculation.
- You interface with controls specialists to design a complete, mechatronic, solution.
- You make full production files (BOM’s, drawings, datasheets).
- You manage design states and revisions in the PDM package.
- You discuss test specifications and set-up with the Test & Validation team.
- You review prototype testing reports and adapt the PoC accordingly.
- You work together with the production engineer concerning assembly training for the blue collars.