The Purchasing Manager Silo compiles requests from various departments for approved material requests, prepares purchase orders, keeps track of purchases and supplies, and responds to enquiries about orders to ensure that the purchases arrive as scheduled and conform to specifications.
Your tasks & responsibilities
He/she is the coordinator of purchase activities for all Silo related PO’s:
- He/she is in continuous contact with Project Engineers, Site Managers, and other Purchasers.
- He/she is the lead in making a dashboard of all Silo items to be delivered and the follow up.
- Manages lead times for suppliers and pushes the company to respect milestones.
- Manages cost prices of Silo items and updates price sheets to use for quotations.
- Looks for cost improvements, better sourcing, other suppliers, or redesign proposals to reduce labor cost.
Direct purchase activities:
- Asks price quotations to vendors and communicates them to purchase requestors.
- Creates PO’s based on purchase requests.
- Communicates with all departments on the status of PO’s.
- Follows up confirmations of order quantities, pricing, and availability.
- Transmits orders to vendors.
- Responds to supplier inquiries about clarifying orders, changes in requests, delivery requirements and cancellations.
- Contacts suppliers to ensure that delivery schedules are met and minimize the risk of missed deliveries.
- Resolves problems with suppliers to speed up deliveries and to minimize the risk of supply shortages.
- Reviews requested orders to ensure accuracy and correct line-item specifications.
- Solves invoice issues in SAP (missed quantities, price differences, …).
- Ensures audit compliance and order accuracy.