The Project Manager Service is responsible “from A to Z” for managing, organizing and executing on site a wide spectrum of (inter)national (complex) service projects in accordance with stow methodology. This includes the follow-up of bigger repair works and bigger renovation projects for service, mainly (and initially) of mobile racks in the Benelux.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Follows up the repairs of the company’s mobile racks.
- Supervises assembly teams in large repairs of mobile racks.
- Provides customers with training if needed.
- Is the SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) for the projects assigned to him/her and towards the client, the sub-contractors and the stow team.
- Assessing the operational, technical and financial feasibility of the project and anticipate if applicable.
- Attends kick-off meetings, technical/site meetings, commercial meetings and planning meetings as well as site inspections, …with the client or with internal stow departments if needed.
- Ensuring that all engineering and preparatory activities are undertaken.
- Responsible for visiting the site, setting up a detailed project planning and checking all the requirements for mobilization of equipment and resources.
- Communicates clearly concerning the execution and progress of the project.
Supervision Operational Activities
- Willingness to travel to sites (50% of time).
- Monitoring the progress and quality of the project, identifying deviations and correcting (or initiate corrections) where necessary.
- Managing operational staff and subcontractors regarding the project execution. Supervises the safe execution of the project on site and observes the QSHE regulations and administration.
- Supervises the assembly methods and checks the quality of the delivered materials.
- Claim management – Identifying contract variations and/or delay notifications.
- Ensuring variations are communicated to and negotiated with the client according to the contractual requirements.
Financial Follow Up & Administration
- Responsible for budget follow up and daily cost management, in order to draft periodical progress reports and initiates invoicing.
- Responsible for checking and approving all incoming project related invoices.
- Looks for commercial opportunities, additional billable services or other ways to improve the financial revenue of the assigned projects.