The SILO Project Engineer determines the technical solution, provides or produces all required technical drawings, calculations, documentation and gives technical advice in an efficient and qualitative manner to demonstrate the technical feasibility of an operation or to support the design of equipment, in accordance with the group QSHE standards within the proposed timeframe. The Project Engineer:
Engineering / Realization
- Is the technical SPOC (Single Point Of Contact) for the projects assigned to him/her.
- Studies and analyses all technical documentation provided by internal/external stakeholders.
- Looks for missing information, reports issues to stakeholders and makes appropriate assumptions, in order to find the best possible technical solution.
- After official approval received on the proposed solution from the functional manager, consults equipment documentation, in order to assign the proper equipment.
- Produces all required technical documentation and calculations to illustrate and justify the technical solution to stakeholders and defines the required engineering resources to do so.
- Instructs and follows-up the engineering team members appointed to his/her project to produce the technical documents.
- Liaises with other engineering team members in order to improve the quality, efficiency and correctness of the technical documents.
- Attends technical meetings, site inspections and on-site work if needed.
- Assists the (internal) stakeholders on technical issues before and during execution to ensure proper implementation of the technical solution.
- Being an Ambassador of stow towards all stakeholders.
- Being responsible for the sourcing of external vendors for material, installation etc. according to the project budget.
- Being responsible for the onsite realization, both pre-phase assumptions, and realization phase
- Being responsible for the project cost budget/calculation and is during the realization phase reporting +/- deviations.
- Being responsible for complying with local laws and guidelines in context with the realization of the project.
Verification & approval
- Consults functional manager in order to get conceptual approval of the technical solution.
- Ensures all technical documents have gone through the correct approval flow according to the engineering guidelines.
- Verifies the technical documents which he/she is authorized for, based on technical competences according to competence management.
Administration & other
- Ensures the project information and documentation are properly stored according to the engineering guidelines.
- Registers the own working hours.
- Register the costs for the project on frequent basis
Training & Development
- Shares technical knowledge with engineering team members.
- Participates in trainings.
- Maintains and improves relevant technical knowledge and skills.