You lead the Central Project Management organization, develop and direct the planning of multiple central projects. Oversees coordination of personnel and resources required to successfully complete projects.
1. Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all projects for the central region are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop a detailed project plan for the central projects to monitor and track progress.
- Report and escalate to the project director / higher management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
2. Leading central project management / support central PMs
- Supports the PMs with kick-off meetings and commercial meetings with the client.
- Together with the PMs, foresee project risks and project uncertainties and develop improvement actions.
- Have a proactive approach to avoid escalation of problems.
- Together with the legal department, assists the PMs with claim management.
- Ensures that contract variations (scope, schedule, costs) are communicated and negotiated with the customer.
- Looks for commercial opportunities, additional billable services, or other ways to improve the financial revenue of the projects in the central region.
3. Teamlead Central PMs
- Motivate team members to participate in a collaborative environment with proactive communication and efficient problem-solving. Inspire team members to constantly improve processes, client relationships and work delivery.
- Interview candidates for central project manager positions together with the project director.
- Develop strong communication with Sales, Engineering and Financial departments.