The Sales Engineer is responsible to develop and maintain relationship with stakeholders within a Key Account, work closely with the internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve sales targets according to the sales and marketing plan. Besides the commercial part of the job, the Sales Engineer needs to design the most efficient warehouse method for the client, complying to all regulations of the Key Account.
The Sales Engineer understands, applies, and conveys the company’s mission and vision, for the department to adhere to the expectations and values prioritized by the board, the CEO, and the HQ management team.
- Applies the standardized, controlled, and transparent processes, systems, standard operating procedures, and adjoining documents (e.g., standardized quotation formats) and simultaneously provides input for the continuous assessment and improvement hereof.
- Informs the Key Account Manager of all relevant information from collected market data to strive towards a competitive advantage.
- Takes ownership of the results and proactively sets actions into motion when needed to ensure that targets are always met.
- Takes full responsibility for projects from A to Z, inclusive of customer contact, project designs, calculations, time schedule, assembly, transport, handover, financial follow up with the support of the key account manager and relevant departments within stow.
- Supports the Key Account with after sales service, consultancy and spare parts.
- Is responsible for compiling professional, winning bids in a timely manner to reach optimum sales results.
- Ensures that all assigned bids in accordance with the Sales Authorization Chart are reviewed for feasibility, prices, timelines, liabilities, risks, legal compliance, etc. in collaboration with e.g., Operations, Technical Solutions, Legal.
- Works out a bidding strategy for complex technical bids to achieve the best bidding and pricing solution based on the client’s needs and the available equipment.
- Ensures that input required from other departments is given in due time.
- Works out project pricing and cost calculations and after internal assessment submits them for approval and feedback to the management.
- Follows up the status of bids by contacting stakeholders at the Key Account.
- Provides the required reports and necessary information punctually on demand of the Key Account Manager.
- Ensures that documentation is kept up to date in the ERP-system.
- Executes corrections of data in the ERP-system where necessary.