The Group Network Security Expert has the role to design and build the full network and security environment for stow at group level. The main goal is to secure, standardize, combine, and optimize one of the most critical IT assets of the company’s IT landscape. You will guide the company to ensure the network availability within the company is above 99.8% on a yearly base. You will be the lead architect for your domain within group and local project workgroups. You will respect the boundaries of the IT rules & regulations.
Your main responsibilities and key tasks
- Advise the company on how to build highly available, secure and performant networks using modern technology, considering the requirements articulated by our company.
- Translate a (complex) business problem into a technical solution in your area of expertise.
- Participate in the design of solutions needed to grow our business, where you will be the IT architect for your domain and make sure we design and build an enterprise-grade setup that is resilient in case of failure and secure by design.
- Actively implement your solutions into our environment. You will do this hands-on, aided by a partner or as a joint team effort.
- Ensure we have the highest level of protection possible to prevent intrusion in our network and to avoid data loss or loss of critical personal or financial data.
- Take responsibility for optimizing existing (SD)LAN, WLAN, (SD)WAN, SASE, identity provider, application delivery and firewall components and build a cost-efficient network topology that serves the company’s current and growth plans to access both on-premises and public cloud applications.
- Consolidate and optimize the existing environment to a harmonized, centralized, and well-secured environment.
- Detect and communicate continuously on areas in your domain that can be improved, should be removed, or can be matured to keep our competitive advantage.
- Plan and execute the removal of decentralized assets, if possible, to lower our IT footprint in remote locations.
- Ensure that applicable principles, policies, standards, and guidelines are understood by IT teams and are being applied.
- Collaborate with the Network, Workplace & Security Experts and other IT colleagues to ensure our network infrastructure matches the expectations of the business.
- Actively follow up on technology trends within your domain.
- Occasionally assist & collaborate with L2 support teams in case of operational or security-related incidents.